Downgrading back to 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigDaddy5, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

I decided to upgrade to 1.1.3, and it's been nothing but headaches for me. My bluetooth connection keeps dropping to my car's head unit (it has a microphone, and makes the phone call come through the car speakers...worked flawlessly with 1.1.2), it just randomly crashed and required a hard reset (i.e. top button+menu button), and then a bunch of small things like my ringtones don't actually play anymore even though they sync fine, etc. It's not worth the few minor feature upgrades for me, until the big ones work.

So has anybody downgraded back to 1.1.2?

2. cjbrx3115 macrumors newbie

Probably not...

No, you can't really downgrade now. If you downgrade, it could brick your phone, and will force you to upgrade back to 1.1.3. Currently, there is no way to downgrade the baseband, which would make it unusable.

3. mixstar336 macrumors regular

at this time there is no way to go back to 1.1.2.

i did read that some have been able to go back to 1.0.2 and it works but upgrading that forces a reset and can not upgrade to get to 1.1.2.... so this is not what you are looking for but might be in the near future.

4. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

try a full restore, seems like a lot of bugs went away with a full restore after 1.1.3

5. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

as someone who is onlooking to the current iphone saga, is there any good reason for the inability to downgrade? from a practical standpoint...

thanks

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Not a chance I will go back to the last version

This new one has some nice features that I like including more safari stability (whether they intended it or not....not as many safari crashes in this version)

7. jonsailo macrumors newbie

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

i guess you didn't read the bold?

each firmware updates the baseband. your iPhone will turn on and stuff, but it's pretty much useless.

9. jonsailo macrumors newbie

If you read on, it says it is not possible to downgrade if you had a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, but it is possible to downgrade the baseband if you had an earlier iPhone...