iPhone Downgrading back to iOS6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lrsone, Jun 11, 2013.

1. lrsone macrumors 6502

So I have a quick question is it possible to downgrade to iOS 6. And if so, is it simple what are the steps to downgrading?

2. UmbraDiaboli macrumors regular

This is what I wrote on another post, might be helpful:

Google iOS 6.1.3 Download, (or iOS 6.1.4) and download the ISPW from the internet. Then ALT+Click restore on iTunes, select the ISPW and done.

3. superstarmc macrumors regular

I tried doing that and my phone is still not restoring. The bar gets about 2/3 of the way and freezes.

4. UmbraDiaboli macrumors regular

I suggest trying recovery mode then:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Recovery mode will give you the option to restore.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble, and hope you can fix it.

5. lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

Would I be able to restore from an iOS 6 back up I have a lot of stuff I don't wanna lose and backed up before jumping to iOS 7

6. matttye macrumors 601

iOS7 is a beta and you shouldn't install it on a device you use as a daily driver as it may go kaput.

The recommended setup is having a separate testing device to your main device.

7. lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

I installed on an everyday device to check it out. But I might be jumping back to iOS 6. I don't have a test device laying around.

8. UmbraDiaboli macrumors regular

After you finish the restore, it will prompt the usual "Set up as a new iPhone | Restore from Back Up" options.

9. lrsone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I just wanted to know if it was possible, as I might be switching back to it. I wanted to see how iOS 7 ran and it's been nice but definitely a beta and we won't see a more stable release for quite some time.