Downgrading bootloader 6.02

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jswagger, May 29, 2010.

1. jswagger macrumors newbie

I have read in the past that there is no way to downgrade bootloader 6.02 but it has been a while since those original posts were answered. Does anyone know of a way this can be done? I have downgraded to 3.1.2 successfully and I have jailbroken successfully, but I can't pick up T-Mobile's signal using any know unlocking system. It just keeps searching or says no service. I have tried every program I can find but nothing works. Can anyone please help?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What kind of phone are you using and what modem firmware?
    If you upgrade to official 3.1.3 then you wont be able to unlock it for now untill a new hack is out.

3. jswagger thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone was on 3.1.3, but I downgraded using redsn0w and it worked fine but it's still a 3g on 5.12 and bootloader 6.02, so it seems stuck but I just wondered about some kind of turbo sim or anything that could help?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure if a turbo sim adapter would work.
    There's tons of them out there that wont work though. Its hit or miss.
    Did you try installing fuzzyband thru cydia to see if you can downgrade your baseband?
    If all fails all you can do is wait another month or so till a new unlock is released.

5. jswagger thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use fuzzyband through cydia and it said it wasn't possible to downgrade with what I had. I just didn't know if there was something more recent? Thank you so much for your quick reply. That is really cool of you to help so many people. I guess Ill just have to use it as an 'ipod touch' for the time being? Thanks again for clarifying. Most info was from a year ago, so I just wanted to get the latest. When something comes out, please post! Thanks!

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You got it bro.
    Hopefully soon you will be able to use your iphone unlocked again.
    Probably shortly after 4.0 firmware is out.
    Keep an eye on this site:
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/