Downgrading firmware 3.1.3 to 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JTeighty, Mar 21, 2010.

1. JTeighty macrumors newbie

Hi.

I've got an iPhone 3GS and I want to jailbreak it. The problem with jailbreaking it is that it has to be tethered and I want to be able to switch off or reboot my iPhone. I know that firmware 2.0.2 has an untethered jailbreak so is it possible to downgrade my firmware to 2.0.2?

Thanks

JT80

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

You can't downgrade below what your phone came with. The 3GS's didn't come with anything 2.X so you will not be able to downgrade to that.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

also

you can't downgrade anything but 3.1.3 on a 3GS unless your iphone is on file with Cydia! just have to wait for jb/ul sorry!

4. JTeighty thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah that's not good news :-( if I were to jailbreak it through a mac would I be able to get a untethered jailbreak?

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

No, if you're tethered one one you're tethered on all. Sorry!

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

first off no 2.x second you need your shsh files in order to downgrade. third you mean 3.1.2

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Ya man there's nothing you can really do right now. If you don't like the phone how it is now then your gonna have to deal with it unless your someone who does like it how it is now which you don't.
    I had my phone jailbroke for about 5 months until it kept crashing and just small annoyance, so I did a restore. Onto the 3.1.3 software which I didn't mind so I went for it. It feels good to have a quicker, more stable 3GS again. Just return and try to find one that has the 3.1.2 software on it. eBay, craigslist. Things like that, good luck. ;)

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No. The only way to avoid the tethered jb is not to jb at all and stay stock.
    There is no other options at the moment for the newest iboot.
    Also you can't downgrade a 3GS unless you have your shsh's saved thru cydia or locally.

10. JTeighty thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha. I did exactly the same. I had it jailbroken and got fed up as it kept on crashing and I could never reboot without computer :-(

well thanks everyone for your help

JT80