downgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Veke, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Veke macrumors newbie

I downloaded something from cydia that made me have to restore. iTunes prompted me to install the new 3.1.3 firmware, which I without thinking installed. However, as blackra1n doesn't work with 3.1.3 firmware, I somehow need to downgrade back to 3.1.2. iTunes doesn't let me do this, it says the firmware is incompatible. Any help?

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Did you save your SHSH on Saurik's servers before 3.1.3 was released? If so, follow these instructions:

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

If you didn't upload your SHSH through Cydia, you're stuck.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you have got a new 2G 8GB Touch (model number beginning with "MC") or one of the 32\64 GB 3G Touch models you cannot jailbreak or downgrade once 3.1.3 is installed as iTunes will verify the install with Apple and will block a downgrade.

If you have a 1G or original 2G Touch you can jailbreak 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4.

4. Veke thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah darn... that sucks :( Well, I hope some sort of jailbreak for 3.1.3 will be released. But some time ago when I tried to jailbreak with Pwnagetool for Windows, I recall it had some kind of firmware installing utility. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it anymore.

5. Veke thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a 3G Touch and that's for either 1G or 2G, unfortunately.

6. prmccarron macrumors regular

prmccarron

Actually, that's not true. I have that exactly - 2G iPod touch 8 GB MC model and I downgraded fro 3.1.3 to 3.1.2.

7. felt. macrumors 6502a

"This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.1.2" had no idea what this was all about but I guess I should be happy?

8. bakpao macrumors newbie

@bakpao09

For all ppl who have accidentally upgrade the iTouch OS to 3.1.3 AND want to downgrade to 3.1.2 , FOLLOW link below

http://bit.ly/9GILkp

Try this , i have tried and it works trust me !!