Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.2 with SHSH in Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjk454ss, Jun 6, 2010.

  1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

    jjk454ss

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #1
    Not sure if this is something that we can know for sure yet, but if iPhone 4.0 comes out and I install it, will I be able to use the SHSH info on file with Cydia to downgrade back to 3.1.2 if I decide to? Does this work with the dev versions of 4.0 right now?
     
  2. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

    Vinnie Madrox

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Location:
    HowELL, NJ
    #2
    I'm gonna throw out a guess, and say no. It's my understanding that when you upgrade firmware now, it also updates your baseband. that being said, an older firmware won't run on a newer baseband.....and you can't downgrade the baseband.....



    but again, that's just me guessing.,....
     
  3. bytethese macrumors 68030

    bytethese

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location:
    Cranford, NJ
    #3
    I would say yes, since the SHSH blobs are saved, you could point your iTunes to Saurik's server and restore the previous firmware. What you wouldn't be able to do is downgrade your baseband. I have heard mixed reports of using newer baseband with older firmware. However I hear that 3.1.3 and 4.0 should be able to be unlocked after it's released.

    Lastly, this may help:
    http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/iphone-tips/quick-tip-downgrading-4-0-beta-to-3-1-3
     
  4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

    jjk454ss

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #4
    Thanks for the replies. I'll guess we will know soon enough. I'd like to upgrade to 4.0 right away because I'm impatient, but I'd like to be able to sell my phone unlocked when the new iPhone comes out.

    I guess it doesn't matter because I won't be able to keep 3.1.2 when 4.0 comes out anyway. And like bytethese said, good chance I will be able to unlock 4.0 soon anyway.
     
  5. scirica macrumors 68020

    scirica

    Joined:
    May 13, 2008
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    #5
    Think I'm going to wait until the 4.0 jb/unlock comes out for 3G(s) and play with that for a few weeks before diving into the new hardware. Should be a fun day today in MacWorld.
     
  6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

    jjk454ss

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #6
    I would if I wasn't so darn impatient. I know I wouldn't be able to wait:D.
     

Share This Page