Downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vtmikevt, Oct 10, 2011.

1. vtmikevt macrumors regular

I don't know how people do it...I sat for 5 hours trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.2 to be able to jailbreak and failed.

I was so close at the end. I passed all the errors (3194, 20, 1013 or was it 1015). 4.3.2 was loaded and I got that final iTunes error you're supposed to get. I just couldn't get my iPhone out of DFU mode.

I tried the tinyumbrella fix "fixrecover43.exe" but it failed when it could not fetch the DFU image from Apple's servers. I have no idea why this is?

This was the last straw.

I couldn't use TU to kick me out of recovery mode nor could I use this solution. I Googled for hours but there is so much information out there that is outdated.

I had to give up. If anyone knows how to fix this...i'd be so happy.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. vtmikevt, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Appreciate the input but I have SHSH blobs saved. The issue is the last step where after you downgrade, iTunes gives you one last error and you're stuck in DFU.

You're supposed to just exit DFU mode by clicking in TinyUmbrella but at that point, it doesn't detect I have my device connected.

[EDIT: for some reason fixrecovery43.exe suddenly decided to do something. But when it finished, the screen was black and I was still in DFU mode]

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you try the fix recovery tool available for download at the TU website?

5. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, mentioned in my original post and reply above. It just ends with me in DFU mode still. And TU still doesn't recognize me as a "recovery device".

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Weird, if you have blobs then it should let you kick it out of recovery.
    Did you try restoring using a custom ipsw?

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

you are turning on the RSS server in tiny umbrella as well. Also as Applesauce said I think custom firmware works better. Also dies tinyumbrella say you have the blob as well. Sometimes cydia and tinyumbrella don't see the same blobs.

8. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

I am restoring to the stock Apple FW. I could try to a custom IPSW. I'm guessing I would need do that with pwnage tool or something...

[EDIT: Can I just run redsn0w while on 4.3.5 and point to 4.3.2? I'm so lost at this point]

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, pwnage for macs snowbreeze for windows.

10. vtmikevt, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

So I just point to the sn0wbreeze IPSW in iTunes during the restore process (still running the TSS server in TU)?

Trying that now regardless...

[EDIT: Created custom IPSW with sn0wbreeze. Did Shift+Restore in iTunes with TU running the TSS server. Snowflake icon on screen and software restored. Got to final "Verifying iPhone restore" and got hit with (a new) error 37]

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but you will have to put the iphone in pwned dfu mode using snowbreeze before you try to restore to the custom ipsw.

12. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

did that. Got error 37 which leaves me in PWNED DFU. Any ideas?

13. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

See this picture, this is from TU, if you have this checked, please uncheck it, and try the sequence again. Pretty sure you wont get error this time.

Attached Files:

• TU.jpg
      TU.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
  14. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Really do appreciate the responses. That box is unchecked.

My next attempt will be to try to restore to 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.2. I also read somewhere that instead of using iREB in sn0wbreeze, that I should use the standalone iREB file to put the phone in PWNED DFU mode. I read that here: http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/212469-sn0wbreeze-2-7-3gs-error-37-a-2.html

Either way, I feel like I'm so close. I've made it past 4 errors so far.

Then again, I could just get iOS 5 tomorrow and hope for untethered JB soon. BiteSMS and Lockinfo are so necessary.

15. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

What about your host file?

Here is two examples:
    Check if your host file is something like this i posted. the first is for itunes use with orginal firmware from itunes,
    second one is when you use TU and cydia as server for update to custom firmware with itunes.

JunkyDog

Attached Files:

16. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Apple blocked Cydia's servers from accessing gs.apple.com. Isn't that why you run the TSS server in TU?

My hosts file does NOT have the custom IP addresses. TU created a hosts.umbrella file that has 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com listed in it.

I think I have everything right in TU and the error 37 is caused by something sn0wbreeze does. As I mentioned above, I did try restoring to a clean IPSW file but got error 1015 and was stuck in PWNED DFU.

Still looking for ideas...

17. vtmikevt, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

i was able to get around error 37 by using the standalone iREB file instead of the one built into sn0wbreeze. However, upon completing, I was left in PWNED DFU. I guess i just need a way to get out of PWNED DFU now.

So then I decided to run redsn0w and "just boot tethered right now". That loaded the pineapple and the apple icon with the progress bar.

It then booted into 4.3.3! So that's good...But I do wonder whether I'm tethered or not.

I suppose I'll just go to jailbreakme.com (confirmed safe) and jailbreak.

[EDIT: so I think I'm in a tethered boot now. I also have NO cellular data (no AT&T icon in status bar). Jailbreakme.com isn't working either. Tried redsn0w again and got stuck waiting for reboot. This is a nightmare]

[EDIT2: I gave up and went back to 4.3.5. I'll go to 5.0 tomorrow and hope for an untethered JB soon. You win this round iPhone]

18. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Are you running a beta version of iTunes Beta 10.5?

I have an iPhone 4 in the shop doing the exact same thing. All blobs saved, etc. Downgrade puts you into DFU and TU won't kick it out. I was able to kick it out using the latest version of redsn0w 0.9.9 but the phone randomly turns off and goes back into a DFU mode loop. I can kick it out over and over with redsn0w but no permanent solution.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the iTunes beta. If someone has a fix, I'd like to know what it is. :confused:

19. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Wasn't running a beta version of iTunes. I was basically able to get a tethered jailbreak of 4.3.3 going but didn't have any cellular data (no AT&T up in the status bar). I tried re-running redsn0w to make it untethered but it just ended in DFU mode...had to rerun redsn0w and boot tethered to get it to respond.

20. micp2912 macrumors newbie

OMG I am going threw the exact same thing here. Ive been working on this since last night, almost 24 hrs. I cant get it out of dfu/recovery as well. Tried almost everything on these websites. Checked the host a million times, TU us useless here. ive tried in MAC and WIN, no luck here. I want to bring it down to 4.3.3 to jailbreak again. Anymore ideas here??????

21. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

:confused:
    It's sad that the online tutorials don't give much in the way of troubleshooting. It also seems random when these things work vs. don't work.

Word is that iOS 5 is almost untethered ready (take that with a grain of salt). I'm exercising patience there. I miss my BiteSMS and Lockinfo :-(

22. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

I finally got my problem phone downgraded to 4.3.3 with no issues at all.

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but what I did was update the phone to the official 4.3.5 through iTunes. After that, I went back into TU and re-saved the SHSH files. Went through the whole process again and bam, the phone restored just fine.

23. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I never tried to re-save SHSH blobs again at 4.3.5. Either way, I'm just going to iOS 5.

Maybe good information for others.

24. micp2912 macrumors newbie

Anyone have any success with this yet? thinking about trying it again today.

25. oakland6980 macrumors member

oakland6980

Fix: Restore 4.3.3 on iPhone 4 and get around iTunes errors 1601 and 1013

Hi this morning i tried restoring my iPhone 4 4.3.3 back to 4.3.3. to give to my sister. I've been jailbraking etc since 1.1.3 so many of the precedures are nothing new to me, until today. I spent four hours trying to restore. Obv i have the shsh blobs but continuted to get the 1013 error. try various ways to get it kicked out of recovery but finally made it after reading this detailed guide http://forums.tipb.com/itunes-itunes-store-forum/216245-restore-4-3-3-iphone-4-get-around-itunes-errors-1601-1013-a.html

the only issue i had was the zlib1.dll wasnt found with running fixrecovery43. all u need to do is follow update 1 from http://jaxov.com/2011/03/exit-ios-4-3-recovery-mode-loop-with-tinyumbrella-fixrecovery-windows-mac/
    so all in all i'm back at 4.3.3 freshly restored and ready to JB. Hope this helps