Downgrading from 5.0.1 to 4.3.x

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jekyoo, Nov 20, 2011.

1. jekyoo macrumors 6502

I was curious if this is possible. I know that downgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.0 isn't possible anymore since shsh blobs do not longer work.

But I'm curious if going from iOS 5 to iOS 4 will work though. I have SHSH blobs for 4.3.5 and I wanted to downgrade to it so my gevey sim to work but I keep getting an error 11.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

While you can downgrade from 5.x to 4.x if you have shshs, your baseband will not downgrade with it. If you can't unlock now, you still won't be able to unlock after downgrading.

3. jekyoo thread starter macrumors 6502

My baseband is 04.10.01 actually. I did a custom 5.0.1 upgrade thinking the gevey would work with 5.0.1 but it doesn't so I'm trying to downgrade to 4.3.5. I have my SHSH blobs saved but I can't seem to get it to downgrade. Every time I try to restore, I get an iTunes error 11. Any solutions to this? What should be checked and unchecked for TinyUmbrella.

4. Flyinb macrumors member

Because apple now uses another method to verify which currently cannot be done. Right now there is no way to go back because apple doesn't sign anything but 5.0.1

5. jekyoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Crap... I was hoping that Apple only applied this new method of verifying to iOS 5+ only.

Can anyone else confirm that downgrading from back to iOS 4 isn't possible once you go up from iOS 5?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

OP has SHSH blobs save for 4.3.5. So, he/she can put the phone in DFU mode, run TU's TSS server and downgrade it down to 4.3.5.

7. HPLouis macrumors regular

I'm looking at your sig block......are you trying this on a 4 or 4s?

If it's a 4 then TinyUmbrella can do this (only if you're using the SHSH files for that phone). If it's a 4s, then there are no SHSH files on the iOS 4 series of firmwares for the 4s since they never came with that OS.

I'm guessing that you're trying to use the SHSH files from an old 4 on your new 4s.

Henry

----------

I'm wrong.....you have a 4 since you have the 4.10.01 baseband.

Have you clicked the 'Start TSS Server' on tinyUmbrella?

Henry

8. jekyoo thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you Crystal-RX! I guess my problem was that I wasn't putting my phone in DFU mode before I used TinyUmbrella. It's perfectly working now :)

Weird, I never had to do this before when I downgraded using TinyUmbrella. Anyways, thanks a bunch!

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone