Downgrading from 5.0.2 to 4.4.2 with Galaxy Tab 8.4

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Gwendolini, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Hi,

a friend of mine has a Galaxy Tab 8.4", which was bought three months ago and obviously came with Kitkat.
    He accidentally upgraded it to 5.0.2 (if that is possible), as now the interface is not dark, but white with blue fonts and such.
    I looked everywhere on how to downgrade to Kitkat, as he does not like the new interface.
    I found several guides, it seems easy, but I could not find any 4.4.2 ROMs for that particular machine, all download links were either bogus, or offline.

Can one contact Samsung to deliver the old ROM, which I think is not possible, they might be like Apple that way, or is there an official or even unofficial way to obtain the ROM?

IMG_0817 copy.jpg

2. Mihailo macrumors newbie

Mihailo

3. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Thanks, I have found those guides, but the ROM I downloaded gave Odin a FAIL message when wanting to load.
    Now I am downloading another ROM, but since it takes 9 hours due to not wanting to pay for rapidgator or some ****, I have to wait.

The Galaxy Tab was purchased in Germany via Amazon, but had a Polish firmware on it, when reset to factory settings, the signature is in Polish and the current 5.0.2 firmware / ROM seems to be Polish.

I am using this website to download ROMs: http://www.mrcrab.net/stockrom/sm-t705.html

Can one discern from this, what ROM one should download?

Screenshot_2015-08-18-12-30-35 copy.png

4. Mihailo macrumors newbie

Mihailo

5. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

The link I presented in post #3.

Well, it helps only a tiny but, but it does not make it clearer. At least with iOS you cannot go back.

6. Mihailo macrumors newbie

Mihailo

I would suggest you to download it from SamMobile.com.

Michael