Downgrading from iOS5 beta 7 to 4.2.10 help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CamQuartr, Sep 25, 2011.

1. CamQuartr macrumors newbie

A bit of a problem here...

After getting a bit anxious, I downloaded iOS5, not realizing I needed a UDID, which I do not have. After realizing this, I want to put my CDMA iPhone back to the way it was before. I put my iPhone in DFU mode, but when I option click restore, and click my 4.2.10.ipsw, itunes gives me an error (I think 1015). After searching the internet for hours looking for a solution, Either nothing has worked, or I have gotten multiple errors. I was using 10.5 beta before, but I saw something that said try it in 10.4.1, which doesn't work either.

Thanks!

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

If you do not have the SHSH Blobs saved from when Apple was still signing 4.2.10, then you will not be able to downgrade to that.

You can downgrade to any OS that you have the SHSH blobs saved, or the most recent OS, which is 4.3.5 I think?

3. CamQuartr thread starter macrumors newbie

What are SHSH Blobs? and how do I know if my phone had them or not?

I backed up my phone right before I installed iOS5

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You can use Tiny Umbrella or redsn0w to save your SHSH blobs. Check out iClarified.com for tutorials on how to downgrade your iOS device. If you had 4.2.10 on your iPhone before, you likely had SHSH blobs saved for it. Not always, though.

----------

4.2.10 is exclusive to the Verizon iPhone 4. 4.3.5 is exclusive to every other up-to-date device, such as the iPhone 3GS, GSM iPhone 4, both iPads, and the 3rd and 4th Gen iPod Touch.

5. CamQuartr thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I'm guessing i'm ****ed...

What should I do now? I got it as present, so as far as i know I do not have Applecare

EDIT: earlier, I spoke to an Apple Employee, and they said they could not help me with the problem.