Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steemax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
So ive decided I'd rather have my jailbreak back on 3.1.3

I have a 3gs with new bootrom that was jailbroken on 3.1.3 with spirit and I had my SHSH saved to sauriks server and on my desktop via Umbrella.

Anyway Ive decided to go back to 3.1.3 so I went ahead and opened up the hosts file like I read in the directions, I put in the address at the bottom like it said, put the phone in recovery mode and tried to manualy restore to 3.1.3 and I keep getting the error 3194. I'm not sure what it means but im getting quite frustrated from it.

Any ideas? I went back and checked the hosts file to make sure I had put in the address correctly a bunch of times and i cant figure out whats wrong. (btw Im running itunes 9.2)

Thanks!:confused:

EDIT: can it be that my SHSH didn't get saved? Is there a way to check? or can i upload the file off my computer to sauriks server?

Thanks again!

steemax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

So no one has any idea?

mustnotsleep

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
there are several of us in the same position as OP. apparently cydia did not save some shsh signatures. itunes 9.2 is not the problem, if you downgrade (which is easy), you get a different error saying "this device is not compatible with the requested build."

steemax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
just an update, I was successfully able to downgrade using the locally saved SHSH file and TinyTSS :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.