Downgrading iOS 5.1 to 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lynkynpark86, Mar 10, 2012.

1. lynkynpark86, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

I have my 5.0.1 SHSH saved on saurik's server. I'm currently on 5.1 tethered jailbreak. I'm on an iPod touch 4g. How can I downgrade?
    EDIT: Is there a way to download my shsh from cydia's server on Windows (for use with iFaith)?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You must have both 5.0.1 hash and APTicket saved
    If you have both, you use Redsn0w to stitch both to an IPSW
    And when you get error -1, use Redsn0w to kick it out of recovery

This works for all iDevices except A5 devices

3. lynkynpark86 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have my SHSH (hash) stored on the Cydia servers, but I have no clue what the hell this APTicket is... Could I have it saved and not know about it, like people do with shsh? And if I don't, does this mean I'm stuck on 5.1? (no blobs on 5.0 and earlier, blobs and doubtfully APTicket on 5.0.1

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

The APTicket is normally saved together with the SHSH blobs, so that should be no problem. But it is truly a mystery to me how to get the blobs back out of Cydia, when I needed mine I ended up finding the local copy. Please post if you find out.

----------

Just saw in another thread that TinyUmbrella can do it.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are many tutorials that give step by step directions
    Google can be your friend.

6. westikle macrumors newbie

google brought me here. be a gent and post a link.

7. dhlizard, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iClarified.com has tutorials

Update: My error. I could swear I saw a tutorial for this on iClarified, but I am not seeing it now.

Try this

8. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

FYI I recently downgraded and use Tiny Umbrella to get my Cydia SHSH blobs and then used iFaith to make a custom IPSW.

To get your blobs, go into Tiny Umbrella and go into the Advanced tab (I have to run all iPhone PC apps as Admin just in case). Tick ONLY "Save all SHSH blobs from Cydia" and "Request SHSH blobs from Cydia" (or whatever it is, it's similar) and it'll prompt you to make a folder for your blobs. Then click "Save SHSH".

If you have a 5.0.1 blob saved, excellent - google iFaith and "5.1 to 5.0.1 downgrade".
    If not, tough luck I'm afraid, I don't know of any other way.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually, if one has both required files, either Redsn0w or iFaith can stitch them to an IPSW

The unique thing with iFaith is that if your device is on a certain firmware, say 5.0.1, and you failed to save hash and APTicket file while Apple was signing the firmware, iFaith can pull both these files from the firmware on the phone and allow you to restore to 5.0.1

10. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

redsn0w can do that too, by now. But iFaith was first :)

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

ifaith is only for windoze, so what? You probably get 9 viruses, 4 worms and 3 pieces of adware installed when using one or the other.

12. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Ah, I saw options for similar actions in redsnow - good to know. I had never used iFaith before, but was following a tutorial so I need to download it. I didn't mind it.

What are you on about?