This works for all iDevices except A5 devices

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
You must have both 5.0.1 hash and APTicket saved
If you have both, you use Redsn0w to stitch both to an IPSW
And when you get error -1, use Redsn0w to kick it out of recovery

This works for all iDevices except A5 devices
I have my SHSH (hash) stored on the Cydia servers, but I have no clue what the hell this APTicket is... Could I have it saved and not know about it, like people do with shsh? And if I don't, does this mean I'm stuck on 5.1? (no blobs on 5.0 and earlier, blobs and doubtfully APTicket on 5.0.1

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
I have my SHSH (hash) stored on the Cydia servers, but I have no clue what the hell this APTicket is... Could I have it saved and not know about it, like people do with shsh? And if I don't, does this mean I'm stuck on 5.1? (no blobs on 5.0 and earlier, blobs and doubtfully APTicket on 5.0.1
The APTicket is normally saved together with the SHSH blobs, so that should be no problem. But it is truly a mystery to me how to get the blobs back out of Cydia, when I needed mine I ended up finding the local copy. Please post if you find out.

----------

Just saw in another thread that TinyUmbrella can do it.

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
FYI I recently downgraded and use Tiny Umbrella to get my Cydia SHSH blobs and then used iFaith to make a custom IPSW.

To get your blobs, go into Tiny Umbrella and go into the Advanced tab (I have to run all iPhone PC apps as Admin just in case). Tick ONLY "Save all SHSH blobs from Cydia" and "Request SHSH blobs from Cydia" (or whatever it is, it's similar) and it'll prompt you to make a folder for your blobs. Then click "Save SHSH".

If you have a 5.0.1 blob saved, excellent - google iFaith and "5.1 to 5.0.1 downgrade".
If not, tough luck I'm afraid, I don't know of any other way.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
FYI I recently downgraded and use Tiny Umbrella to get my Cydia SHSH blobs and then used iFaith to make a custom IPSW.

To get your blobs, go into Tiny Umbrella and go into the Advanced tab (I have to run all iPhone PC apps as Admin just in case). Tick ONLY "Save all SHSH blobs from Cydia" and "Request SHSH blobs from Cydia" (or whatever it is, it's similar) and it'll prompt you to make a folder for your blobs. Then click "Save SHSH".

If you have a 5.0.1 blob saved, excellent - google iFaith and "5.1 to 5.0.1 downgrade".
If not, tough luck I'm afraid, I don't know of any other way.
Actually, if one has both required files, either Redsn0w or iFaith can stitch them to an IPSW

The unique thing with iFaith is that if your device is on a certain firmware, say 5.0.1, and you failed to save hash and APTicket file while Apple was signing the firmware, iFaith can pull both these files from the firmware on the phone and allow you to restore to 5.0.1

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
Actually, if one has both required files, either Redsn0w or iFaith can stitch them to an IPSW

The unique thing with iFaith is that if your device is on a certain firmware, say 5.0.1, and you failed to save hash and APTicket file while Apple was signing the firmware, iFaith can pull both these files from the firmware on the phone and allow you to restore to 5.0.1
Ah, I saw options for similar actions in redsnow - good to know. I had never used iFaith before, but was following a tutorial so I need to download it. I didn't mind it.

ifaith is only for windoze, so what? You probably get 9 viruses, 4 worms and 3 pieces of adware installed when using one or the other.
What are you on about?