Downgrading iOs iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wowzera, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I recently bought an iphone 4 and it came with iOs 4.1 but I upgraded to 4.2.1 accidently (next, next, next, ok... Damn). No way to restore it or downgrade ?

Reason: jailbreak

2. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I do think you can downgrade if Cydia has the 4.1 'blob' saved. You may or may not have to jailbrake to find out. Seems there was some software that would show you... Google downgrade 4.2.1 to 4.1. There's even some youtube vids (I just watched them the other day)

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

you want tiny Umbrella to check but if you didn't jailbreak before you upgraded then I can already tell you your sol on downgrading. if you haven't used tiny umbrella before or checked (make it easy in Cydia) you are sol you can jailbreak 4.2.1 it's a tethered jailbreak meaning the I4 must be connected to the computer if powered up or restarting.

4. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

he wouldnt have 4.1 blob saved because he just got the phone with 4.2.1 preinstalled so he wouldn't have already had that phone jailbroken.

5. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually my iphone came with ios 4.1 but when I plugged into my computer I didn't take care of what I was doing and then I upgraded to 4.2.1 without even use my iPhone yet.

So, I haven't jailbroken before, the iPhone was brand new with iOs 4.1 on it, then upgraded to 4.2.1 via iTunes. No way to downgrade?

6. noiceT macrumors 6502a

If you didn't save your 4.1 shsh before or around when 4.2 came out, you can't downgrade. Basically you had one chance, when the phone was still in 4.1, and since it's upgraded, gotta stick with 4.2.1 for now:(

7. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I suspected.:(
    Thanks man!