Downgrading iPhone 3GS 4.0 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustnotsleep, Jun 25, 2010.

1. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 3GS with the latest bootrom currently on 4.0 that I need to take down to 3.1.3, which is the latest that I was on cydia. I am pretty sure that my SHSH is on file because I had installed cydia previously. I have added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to my hosts file and I have downgraded to itunes 9.1. When I try to go through DFU mode and restore a 3.1.3 ispw, it says this device is not eligible for the requested build. Am I doing something wrong? I am on win7 64bit so is my hosts file somewhere else maybe? Do I have to edit my hosts file differently?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

I have followed that to the letter. Unless it requires the latest version of itunes i do not understand why it tells me that the device is not eligible for the requested build. I clicked the first big warning sign thing in cydia, thats the only shsh backup i have done.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you're sure you got shshs for 3.1.3?
    Are you trying to restore to official 3.1.3 IPSW?
    If you did the redirect right and its still telling you the device not eligible then maybe you dont have one on file.

5. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you are right that for some reason I do not have them saved on Saurik's servers. From now on, I will save the SHSH on my computer for sure.

6. damesJ macrumors member

I'm trying to restore down to 3.1.2 - I have a 3gs with the old bootrom. I put it in DFU mode and it starts to restore, about 60% of the way through it just stops and makes no progress. Any suggestions on how to get past this? Thanks.

7. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

I don't think my SHSH got saved on his server either. I tried several times. I am in the same situation as the OP. Is there anything else we can do, or are we stuck with 4.0? I need my myWi!!

8. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Without the SHSH being saved, you can't downgrade unfortunately; just have to wait it out for a JB to be released.