Downgrading iPhone & iPod

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Can someone point me in the right direction to downgrading first gen iPod to 2.1? Also may sell first gen iPhone as well and will need to wipe that one clean as well.

Its has been a while since i have used either one so i dont know if i can just do a restore from iTunes when they are both jailbroken and have the same firmware(3.1.2)

Thanks

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I think below a certain firmware you will need to downgrade iTunes too. I know I needed iTunes 7.5 when I went all the way back to 1.4.

Could be 2.1 will need a similar downgrade (with all traces of the current iTunes vanquished).

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I think below a certain firmware you will need to downgrade iTunes too. I know I needed iTunes 7.5 when I went all the way back to 1.4.

Could be 2.1 will need a similar downgrade (with all traces of the current iTunes vanquished).
Well maybe ill find another 3.1.2 and just restore it but the battery life on that is awful. It is tough to find actual working links to those files now. I dont really want to go thru a hassle of downgrading iTunes as well.