downgrading iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by capoditutti, Oct 29, 2007.

1. capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

How easy is it to downgrade from the latest version of iPhoto '08 to iPhoto 6 while keeping the library intact?

Can it be done with a download via Apple's website, or do i need to source a cd from somewhere?

CaPo

2. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

bump

Help me out if you can folks, it's semi-urgent; i need to get it done by the end of this coming weekend...

thanks in advance

CaPo

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't think this is possible since the iPhoto library format changed drastically with iPhoto '08, as compared to iPhoto '06...:(

4. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Yeah I highly doubt it's possible. Why do you want to downgrade?

5. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Can you export all the photos to an external or just the hard drive for example. Remove iPhoto '08 from the mac, use the disks provided with the Mac (if you bought it during Tiger) to reinstall the older version. And reimport all the photos...

Not pretty, don't even know if it's possible and the library won't survive, just the photos...

So basically, any other ideas peeps? ;)

6. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Has anybody else tried this?

User is not happy with iPhoto '08 look/feel and is having silly printing problems, which they did not expect to have on a mac, and wish to go back to what 'just worked' for them...

7. apolk macrumors newbie

I want to downgrade too!

I can't stand iPhoto 8.1.1!! Not being able to manually arrange photos in the library? Come on!

If I backup all my files, delete iPhoto 8, and reinstall an older version would that work? Do I need a disk or can I download the older version online?

Please advise! Thanks!