downgrading iPhoto

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
How easy is it to downgrade from the latest version of iPhoto '08 to iPhoto 6 while keeping the library intact?

Can it be done with a download via Apple's website, or do i need to source a cd from somewhere?

CaPo

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
bump

Help me out if you can folks, it's semi-urgent; i need to get it done by the end of this coming weekend...

thanks in advance

CaPo

Comment

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I don't think this is possible since the iPhoto library format changed drastically with iPhoto '08, as compared to iPhoto '06...:(

Comment

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Can you export all the photos to an external or just the hard drive for example. Remove iPhoto '08 from the mac, use the disks provided with the Mac (if you bought it during Tiger) to reinstall the older version. And reimport all the photos...

Not pretty, don't even know if it's possible and the library won't survive, just the photos...

So basically, any other ideas peeps? ;)

Comment

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
Can you export all the photos to an external or just the hard drive for example. Remove iPhoto '08 from the mac, use the disks provided with the Mac (if you bought it during Tiger) to reinstall the older version. And reimport all the photos...

Not pretty, don't even know if it's possible and the library won't survive, just the photos...

So basically, any other ideas peeps? ;)
Has anybody else tried this?

User is not happy with iPhoto '08 look/feel and is having silly printing problems, which they did not expect to have on a mac, and wish to go back to what 'just worked' for them...

Comment

apolk

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
I want to downgrade too!

I can't stand iPhoto 8.1.1!! Not being able to manually arrange photos in the library? Come on!

If I backup all my files, delete iPhoto 8, and reinstall an older version would that work? Do I need a disk or can I download the older version online?

Please advise! Thanks!

Comment