Downgrading phone plan + iPod touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phantomsd, Apr 15, 2008.

1. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

So I've been a BB user for about 3 years and an iPhone (hacked) user since August. I recently switched back to BB and got rid of my iPhone when I heard he 3G iPhone was coming out.

Anyways, so I was looking at my phone bill recently and noticed that I only used a little under 300 minutes every month out of my 1000 anytime plan (TMo). Seems like the only reason I'm paying 70 a month is for the BB data plan. I don't talk much and rarely do I reply back to my BB emails.

So I thought about getting a cheapy phone from TMo... Nokia 6086 with WiFi with basic plan $30 a month (not sure if I have to pay extra for Hotspot@Home since my current BB Curve picks up WiFi/UMA no problem!). The HotSpot@Home will help save my 300 minutes.

I plan on picking up an iPod touch for all my email/internet needs. I spend most of my time at work and at home where getting WiFi isn't a problem and/or where a computer is always accessible for email, IM, etc.

Overall, I would cut my bill in half with some extra change. Save close to $500 a year. Now that I laid this all out... I would feel kind of stupid not to do this :)

What do you guys think?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Sure, if you're cool with it. Sounds like its logical, and I don't know tons about T Mobile plans, so I can't help you there.

Personal I like to be connected were ever I am, and not need to worry about have Wi-Fi, but thats could be likened to the fact my school's Wi-Fi is locked.