Downgrading to 1.1.1 HELP NEEDED!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mylexon20s, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Ok. Well My 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch was working amazing, and I just HAD to try 1.1.3. only to find out that the source was crap. Well needless to say. I now have a basic 1.1.3 ipod touch and my itunes will not let me downgrade to 1.1.3. I tried using the iphuc.exe method from *ipod touch master* and trying downgrading the other way as posted by *the spaz* .. What am I doing wrong and is it worth me even trying anymore??! I really would like to get this back to 1.1.2 and jailbroken.

Please Help me out !!

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

uninstall itunes 7.6 and get 7.5 and install that and you will be able to downgrade :)

3. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

when I uninstalled 7.6 and installed 7.5 . i got an error message saying

"itunes library.itl cannot be read because it was installed by a newer version of itunes"

4. cjd82187 macrumors member

To downgrade with 7.6, first plug the touch into your computer and make sure iTunes recognizes it. Then, hold down power and home buttons and it should shut off and it will then be gone in iTunes as well. Wait a second after it leaves iTunes and then continue to hold down only the home button. After about 5-10 seconds iTunes should say that it is in Recovery mode and needs to have the firmware re installed. Then option + click on restore (shift + click if you are on a PC) and select the 1.1.1 software from your computer. I have done this at least 10 times with 7.6 iTunes... I keep jailbreaking and then restoring a lot... I was having trouble getting a 1.1.3 jailbreak that I liked.

5. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

that is exactly what I have been doing. Maybe my 1.1.1 software is not good. Can you give me a link i can download?

6. cjd82187 macrumors member

7. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

IT WORKED!! DUDE I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!! I am so pumped right now! it must have been the 1.1.1 firmware I was using!! back to jailbreak!!:apple::D

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Heh i got that. Then i moved the file...and my library disappeared. Dear god DO NOT REMOVE THAT FILE.

9. cjd82187 macrumors member

Its not like it deletes your music though... iTunes just does not know that you have it. If you want, you could tell iTunes to organize your music collection so it is all in one place, downgrade iTunes, remove the 7.6 library file, then drag all your music into iTunes 7.5 and it should make a new library file for you. Thats how I would go about doing it, but don't blame me if you mess something up =\