downgrading to 1.1.1 PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ich, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ich macrumors newbie

im trying to jailbreak my new ipod touch. the ipod is version 1.1.2 by the way, and as i understand it you must have version 1.1.1 to jailbreak. i have read multiple tutorials and i get stuck at the same place every time. for down grading to 1.1.1 you must download the firmware (i did this) then you must go to itunes and control+click the restore button, then choose the file i downloaded. Well, this brings me to my problem which is that itunes will not let me select the folder that i downloaded that contains the firmware. it will not let me choose any folders. can someone tell me what im doing wrong??!!

here are some pictures to help:

this is whats inside of the file i downloaded. the actual name of the file is on the top of the window
    [​IMG]

thanks,
    isaac

2. uburoibob macrumors regular

You need to run the file you have open: iPod1,1_1 The stuff you see inside, including the Firmware folder, are a part of what iTunes needs, contained inside the folder (which is a file, actually) iPod1,1_1.

See this post: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386756

Hope you understand this.

3. ich thread starter macrumors newbie

see the problem is that itunes will not let me select a folder to run in the restore, ill post a photo up in a sec

4. uburoibob macrumors regular

See this post and follow the instructions to ZIP your folder and rename it ipsw

Then select that from the dialog box you are trying to use to open the file.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386756

5. ich thread starter macrumors newbie

6. audirtbiker macrumors newbie

still not working for me.... all those links arent working

7. ich thread starter macrumors newbie

8. saboracuva macrumors newbie

grrr

I am also having a different problem, after i zip the file and then rename it to a ipsw file, I try restoring it with that file and after itunes extracts the software it tells me there was an error!!!!!!

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!

9. ich thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac or pc?

10. saboracuva macrumors newbie

yay

So i figured out how to fix it... you just have to download the file with a different web browser like firefox!!!!
    its just that easy!