Downgrading to IOS 1.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MacLilja, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

Is there anyone who can tell me how to downgrade a first generation iPhone to IOS 1.0? I know it won't be very usefull but it'll be fun for nostalgic reasons to see what it would look like. I have found some links online but I can't tell if they will work. Has anyone here tried?

And what are the risks? Is there a chance that I'll damage it permanently?

Links

http://sonnydickson.com/2011/11/19/how-to-downgrade-from-ios-3-1-3-back-to-iphone-software-1-0/
    http://thebwain.blogspot.se/2014/01/how-to-downgrade-iphone-2g-to-ios-10.html

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You could try it and see if it works. If it fails you could always restore back to the latest version Apple supports for it.

3. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Is ther any risk that I'll break it or brick it?

4. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

A software update or downgrade cannot brick the phone. A hardware failure is the only think that can brick it which downgrading will not cause.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I followed this very video a while back and it's a loooooot of work. I don't remember which step stumped me but I remember stopping at one point and thinking "this is way more trouble than it's worth".

Keep us posted though. I'd like to see how it goes for you.

6. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I think I will try it. I got the 1.0 backupfile and was thinking that I'd just use that in iTunes downgrade but some say I won't be able to downgrade that far. I will try.

7. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

Did you have to use a special version of iTunes when you followed it. And what happened when you gave up? Did the phone still work?

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I honestly don't remember what I got hung up by but yeah, I was able to just restore to the latest firmware when I gave up.