Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacob52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 (GSM) ..model 2012.. and I didn´t save my SHSH blobs from iOS 6.1.3. I am using iOS 7.0.4 and I want to ask you if it´s still possible to downgrade it back to any version of iOS 6. I have watched many tutorials on yt how to do this but I was never suceeded. Someone on this forum wrote something like this:

"it is too late to save iOS 6 SHSH blobs. Apple is currently only signing 7.0.3 (7.0.2 might still be signed). you can only get the blobs that apple is signing (the exception is the iphone 3GS/4 which you can make blobs because of the bootrom exploit"

I found a guy who sayed that he can send me his ipsw which works for every iphone 4 but i have to pay him... :-D Sounds authentically..

Can you please explain it ? Do I need a jailbreak? Can I still downgrade it back ..or there´s no way.. ? :-(
I´ve been finding a way to downgrade it back for weeks.. :-/ Please, tell me that there´s still a way to fix it.
Thank you and sorry for my english, i´m not sure if my grammar was alright. (from Slovakia).

Have a nice day and also sorry that i´ve created a new topic about this.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 (GSM) ..model 2012.. and I didn´t save my SHSH blobs from iOS 6.1.3. I am using iOS 7.0.4 and I want to ask you if it´s still possible to downgrade it back to any version of iOS 6. I have watched many tutorials on yt how to do this but I was never suceeded. Someone on this forum wrote something like this:

"it is too late to save iOS 6 SHSH blobs. Apple is currently only signing 7.0.3 (7.0.2 might still be signed). you can only get the blobs that apple is signing (the exception is the iphone 3GS/4 which you can make blobs because of the bootrom exploit"

I found a guy who sayed that he can send me his ipsw which works for every iphone 4 but i have to pay him... :-D Sounds authentically..

Can you please explain it ? Do I need a jailbreak? Can I still downgrade it back ..or there´s no way.. ? :-(
I´ve been finding a way to downgrade it back for weeks.. :-/ Please, tell me that there´s still a way to fix it.
Thank you and sorry for my english, i´m not sure if my grammar was alright. (from Slovakia).

check using the latest version of ifaith if you have complete 6.1.3 blobs with cydia. if ifaith shows you do, download them and let ifaith check if they're usable

if they're usable, then you're in luck and can use those blobs to downgrade

if they're not usable, then you're stuck on iOS 7 (unless cydia has iOS 5 blobs for you)

the bootrom exploit to make blobs is only for the version you're on. So if you're on 7.0.2, it'll make blobs for 7.0.2

and no, don't pay him! It is a scam and will not work for your iphone 4. every blob is unique to each device. and he'll probably send you the generic one from apple (which all of us can download free of charge)

jacob52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
check using the latest version of ifaith if you have complete 6.1.3 blobs with cydia. if ifaith shows you do, download them and let ifaith check if they're usable

if they're usable, then you're in luck and can use those blobs to downgrade

if they're not usable, then you're stuck on iOS 7 (unless cydia has iOS 5 blobs for you)

the bootrom exploit to make blobs is only for the version you're on. So if you're on 7.0.2, it'll make blobs for 7.0.2

and no, don't pay him! It is a scam and will not work for your iphone 4. every blob is unique to each device. and he'll probably send you the generic one from apple (which all of us can download free of charge)

So.. I need to download latest version of iFaith and.. if I have to use Cydia, it means that I need a jailbreak, right ?
Anyway, thank you for your advice. I have a hope now :-D.
Sorry that I didn´t understand you clearly.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So.. I need to download latest version of iFaith and.. if I have to use Cydia, it means that I need a jailbreak, right ?
Anyway, thank you for your advice. I have a hope now :-D.
Sorry that I didn´t understand you clearly.

yes, download the latest version of iFaith (windows only): https://github.com/iH8sn0w/iFaith/releases/v1.5.9/1085/ifaith-v1.5.9.zip

run it, plug in your device, and click show available shsh blobs on the server
choose yes when it asks if you want to use this device
and then click to check the blobs on the server
download your blobs and it'll tell you whether they can be used or not

you don't necessarily have to jailbreak after you finish downgrading

if you PM me the ECID number of your device, I can help you check if the steps above are too complicated

jacob52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
yes, download the latest version of iFaith (windows only): https://github.com/iH8sn0w/iFaith/releases/v1.5.9/1085/ifaith-v1.5.9.zip

run it, plug in your device, and click show available shsh blobs on the server
choose yes when it asks if you want to use this device
and then click to check the blobs on the server
download your blobs and it'll tell you whether they can be used or not

you don't necessarily have to jailbreak after you finish downgrading

if you PM me the ECID number of your device, I can help you check if the steps above are too complicated

Ok so I did what you tell me. On iFaith I clicked on show available SHSH Caches on server than I connected it with my device than I clicked on: Show list of available SHSH blobs on TSS server(s) and according to iFaith, I have no available SHSH blobs because there was nothing :-/ it means that I´m stuck ?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Ok so I did what you tell me. On iFaith I clicked on show available SHSH Caches on server than I connected it with my device than I clicked on: Show list of available SHSH blobs on TSS server(s) and according to iFaith, I have no available SHSH blobs because there was nothing :-/ it means that I´m stuck ?

yea, if ifaith shows you have none, then you're stuck on the firmware you're on

i'm guessing you have never jailbroke your device before?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yes I did once but than I restored my iPhone..Why are you asking ?

because cydia tends to save your shsh blobs for you from time to time (when you open cydia, it'll check if there are any blobs for it to save, but there are windows to when cydia will start saving it)

for example, 7.0.4 is being signed, but cydia has not started saving them so even if you open cydia, cydia will not get the blobs for you

jacob52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
because cydia tends to save your shsh blobs for you from time to time (when you open cydia, it'll check if there are any blobs for it to save, but there are windows to when cydia will start saving it)

for example, 7.0.4 is being signed, but cydia has not started saving them so even if you open cydia, cydia will not get the blobs for you

well my iphone had jailbroke for iOS 7.0.3.. so cydia couldn´t save shsh blobs for ios 6.. aaah :-(
Well, thank you really much for your help!..hope that apple will do something about it..cause I have no option.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
well my iphone had jailbroke for iOS 7.0.3.. so cydia couldn´t save shsh blobs for ios 6.. aaah :-(
Well, thank you really much for your help!..hope that apple will do something about it..cause I have no option.

apple won't do anything for you; they are who decided you can't just go to whatever version you want to

unfortunately, your only option is staying on iOS 7

tony atek

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2014
Hello

i read this and follow the step...
My iphone is 4s, after search for shsh blobs i found there are 2 Cydia, 5.1.1 and 6.0.1.
Can i downgrade this iphone?

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Hello,

If you didn't save your SHSH blobs, there's no going back.

ishty

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2014
If you didn't save your SHSH blobs, there's no going back.

i have iphone 4 on iOS 7.0.4 and i want to downgrade it..but after do all the process by ifaith i found available blobs is 4.0.1 and 5.0.1 :(
is that means i cant downgrade my divice or i avail to downgrade it on iOS 5.0.1
i hate iOS 7 is really sucks please help...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i have iphone 4 on iOS 7.0.4 and i want to downgrade it..but after do all the process by ifaith i found available blobs is 4.0.1 and 5.0.1 :(
is that means i cant downgrade my divice or i avail to downgrade it on iOS 5.0.1
i hate iOS 7 is really sucks please help...

Unfortunately, you don't any other options

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.