Downgrading to Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by axeman53, Mar 9, 2015.

1. axeman53 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have so much hardware the won't work under Yosemite that I am going back to Lion. My question is, will I be able to reimport my backups of my calendar, contacts, bookmarks, etc. after I downgrade? Thanks

2. chrfr macrumors 603

You'd be much better off going to something newer than Lion. 10.7.x doesn't get any security updates, while 10.8 and later do. Also, 10.7.x was not the best of Apple's recent operating systems. Is something newer an option for you?
    You should export your calendars/contacts/bookmarks now as the newer backups from Time Machine are unlikely to be fully compatible. Exporting will put all of those files into standard formats easily handled by older versions of the programs.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I know Yosemite is kinda rubbish, but Lion isn't much better. Mountain Lion and Mavericks are much better than both.

4. axeman53 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will grab a copy of Mountain Lion. All of my contacts, calendars, etc., are backed up to the iCloud. Will that work or should I still export this stuff?

5. chrfr macrumors 603

It should work, but I'd export anyway.

6. axeman53 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will grab a copy of Mountain Lion. All of my contacts, calendars, etc., are backed up to the iCloud. Will that work or should I still export this stuff?

7. axeman53 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry 'bout the duplicate reply, not the brightest bulb on the tree# Thanks for your help and advice!

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

In theory, it should work. But since Apple are at war with backwards compatibility, I'd back them up manually too just to be sure.

9. SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem