Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shayper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Hi guys, finally decided I'd bite the bullet and downgrade as I'm getting no end of issues with Yosemite. Here's where it gets tricky. I've tried internet restore and redownloading Mavericks but obviously I can't install it without getting rid of Yosemite first. Now, I have a complex Ableton Live setup with a metric **** ton of plugins, and I really, really don't want to have to go through the trouble of reinstalling them. Is there any way that I can downgrade without having to reinstall everything?

If not then I guess I'll have to just backup everything, clean install and then reinstall everything. Thankyou to whoever can provide me with a solution, I will love you forever.

brycenesbitt

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2008
You should be able to copy the entire Application folder for Ableton Live, plus the relevant Library/Application Support folder, and migrate that to the "new"computer. Best to restore this from a "time machine" of the old drive.

Last edited:

Shayper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
You should be able to copy the entire Application folder for Ableton Live, plus the Library folder, and migrate that to the "new"computer.

I LOVE YOU.

Thankyou so much, saves so much hassle. Weirdly I was just going to copy the whole folder, but I didn't think I'd be able to not have to reinstall the plugins. I'm guessing I'd have to copy my plugins directory over?

Shayper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Or restore from the full backup of Mavericks you made before the upgrade?

I would had that external HDD not been lost in Brighton after a gig :(

I have some stuff backed up in various places, but I'm still in the process of fully backing up all my mission critical stuff. Yes, I'm an idiot for not making backups priority. Luckily I haven't lost anything, just the time it's taking to back stuff up. Not making that mistake again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.