Downgrading to Tiger, AirPort Disk sucks!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stoid, Jan 19, 2008.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

So, I just bought a new Airport Extreme with the intent of plugging a 500GB media hard drive into it with all my DVDs. This way I could use Front Row to watch my movie collection without having to mess with moving the hard drive off my desk to the TV.

Leopard's execution of Airport Disk is terrible. It may even be slower than trying to transfer data over 802.11g! Before giving up, I tried connecting using my fiancée's MacBook that is still running Tiger. It connects easily, and transfer files almost 10 times as fast!

Unless someone else has any ideas on how to fix Leopard, I'm going to be reloading Tiger onto my MacBook this weekend. No wonder Apple won't let Time Machine work over Airport Disk, the connection is terrible! :mad:

2. LukeDeFian macrumors member

LukeDeFian

pretty sad...
    I thing you should downgrade to Tiger, do your thing, and wait for 10.5.2
    If there is a Fix to this issue on 5.2, you *BOOM!*, upgrade.
    If not, i dunno, just continue on Tiger, and search for an alternative fix to the prob...

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I'm still using Tiger, and lots of other folks are. No sense in upgrading just because Apple wants you to.

4. Charliekid21 macrumors regular

well im not a genious but how old is ure macbook and also you might have to purchase the 802.11n thing from apple, could be the reason its going at 802.11g speeds

5. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

I've got the Airport set to n-only. I wish that i was that easy. :)