Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jTreu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Any apps in the store that can do this? I know that mobilecast can on the jailbroken phone but id rather not jailbreak again.

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Its the lack of simple functions such as this that piss me off about the iphone. A great device with trimmed down functions. You should be able to click on a podcast link online and download it straight to the phone.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
Its the lack of simple functions such as this that piss me off about the iphone. A great device with trimmed down functions. You should be able to click on a podcast link online and download it straight to the phone.

agreed, i sent apple a feature request in their feedback section a while back requesting this

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Check out MobileCast on the Google Code page and then the blog - it is on its way to the AppStore given Apple approves it!!!!!

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
In that you can download from the iTunes store, you should totally be able to get podcast subscribed to through iTunes.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Mediafly.com works for me. You basically login and give all the rss data and then you can watch it on the iPhone. Shows up as a QT link you can click on. Very nice, though there's no iPhone interface - so you'll have to zoom in a lot to see a lot of the text.

SlapMonkey

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Check out MobileCast on the Google Code page and then the blog - it is on its way to the AppStore given Apple approves it!!!!!

hmm, according to their blog:

As it stands you’ll need to jailbreak the 2.0 firmware to use mobilecast. I haven’t looked into it much yet, but I doubt we’ll be able to offer mobilecast (in its current form) via the app store as we use a lot of undocumented api’s that are not part of the official SDK.
I don’t know how strict apple will be about the use of undocumented api’s, so it might be worth giving it a shot and submitting mobilecast as an official app.
Given that the MC source is open source I think we’ll continue to offer the app for free even if its accepted into the apple app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.