Download collected Wi-Fi credentials from iPhone

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
As most of us have been doing over the years, we've been connecting to various Wi-Fi hotspots with our iPhones - friends' and families' home routers, restaurants, shopping malls, stores, cafes, etc. Has there been any official or unofficial way to get all the SSIDs and passwords of all those Wi-Fi access points that your iPhone has accumulated, to export them into a spreadsheet or text file, or even transferred to your Mac?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
As most of us have been doing over the years, we've been connecting to various Wi-Fi hotspots with our iPhones - friends' and families' home routers, restaurants, shopping malls, stores, cafes, etc. Has there been any official or unofficial way to get all the SSIDs and passwords of all those Wi-Fi access points that your iPhone has accumulated, to export them into a spreadsheet or text file, or even transferred to your Mac?
Im sure theirs a way to look in a backup but I don't know where. theirs a JB app that does this so it is saved in plain text somewhere on the device.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm building a huge roster of places I automatically authenticate to, and this would really help out to keep it on the sidelines.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Any non-jailbroken counterpart? Maybe something to extract from the iTunes backups?

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
All of my Wifi passwords is synced via iCloud Keychain. My mac, iPhone and iPad share the same network password and SSID. I can't edit them on the iOS devices but on my Mac, it has the entire list under Network