Download Date/Time?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SoCalSk8tr, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SoCalSk8tr macrumors newbie

Typically I dl files (thru safari) to the 'Downloads' folder...then move the files to their applicable folder in my folder hiearchy. Then Ill clear the DL list.

Now its a month later and I want to be able to sort the files by the date I downloaded it. Of course, no where in the finder (view options) is 'Download Date" available. When i info the file, it shows the path of where it was downloaded from, but nothing regarding the date it was downloaded (even if you do a search (ctrl f) , you can sort by last opened, etc - but still no date on when downloaded.)

I routinely delete my browser history, cache, cookies - so please dont direct me there. Any help?

Thanks!

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

If you haven't made any changes to the file, the "Date Modified" will be the date you downloaded it.

Note that this only applies to the actual file you downloaded. If you download a zip file, then expand the zip file a month later and delete the original zip file, the expanded files get their own date, independent of the originally-downloaded zip file.

3. SoCalSk8tr thread starter macrumors newbie

Anon

Thx for reply. However, when I go to a current folder of dl's that I just downloaded 2 days ago (4/5) , the 'modified dates' look more like when the orig user modified. Here is screensnap of the folder:

Attached Files: