Download different ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NJFP, Aug 26, 2011.

1. NJFP macrumors 6502

So, I've tried the search feature, but can't find the "how to." I sent two new ringtones from phone zoo to my i4, but can't figure how to load them into the ringtone directory. Can someone help a newb??

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you make or download a ringtone (.m4r format), then just drag it to iTunes and it will be added to your Ringtones folder, then just sync over to your iPhone.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

That's it! I didn't look for ringtones under the phone!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

4. shandyman Suspended

or you can just drag from the Ringtone section onto the iPhone, thats what i do

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

While I already knew how to deal with ringtones, your picture with arrows was a spectacular way to inform new people. You did a fine job.
    What program did you use to make the arrows and text?

6. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

OK. I've done that, sync'd it as I ran out the door this morning. The ring tones are in but I'm trying to customize a particular ring tone for my wife's number. I can't seem to find how to do that. When I bring her up under contacts, and edit, it's not there! Only the resident ones are. What steps am I missing?

And yes S-107, spectacular job with the pictorial. I'm at work now and won't be home for a couple of days, (hurricane Irene is here). The net nanny at work blocks all attached pics, so I can't see your tutorial to review from here. :-(

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I used Preview that comes with Mac OS X, it lets me add Annotations.

How did you create these Ringtones?
    • iTunes method
    • Garageband
    • App from the App Store
    • Downloaded from online

8. shandyman Suspended

it should be there under edit, part way down, there's the next field below email.

9. NJFP thread starter macrumors 6502

I swear I looked there before!!! Sheesh, time for new glasses!!!! Thanks to all for helping out the newb. I just left a crackberry, so I'm learning the iPhone one day at a time!