Download entire backup from iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by cvam1985, Nov 3, 2011.

1. cvam1985 macrumors regular

I doubt it's possible, but thought I'd ask. Anyone know how to get an entire backup from iCloud?

I need information from it but I don't want to restore entirely. Just want to use an extractor program and get what I need.

Also, why are iPad backups so friggen huge?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, Apple isn't going to allow a user to download a backup.

My iPad 2 backup is only 37.3 MBs. You'll want to look under iCloud>Storage and Backup>Manage Storage to see what's taking up so much space on your iPad.

3. DefBref macrumors 6502

Turn iCloud backup off and sync with iTunes, you'll then have a backup on your pc/ mac to do with as you please.

4. DeadK macrumors newbie

ok my issue is my iphone is lost but i have the backup on icloud how do i retrive the data from the back up. i already have a new iphone and ipod touch with its own data.

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I think you'd want to restore FROM the iCloud backup.

Personally though I always do a clean install...I don't totally trust that weird stuff won't happen restoring to a new device, particularly a DIFFERENT new device.

6. martimmy macrumors newbie

What to do to download the whole backup files from iCloud?

7. Jeanilara macrumors newbie

I don't think you can download the entire backup from iCloud without a tool,and Apple does not support that so far.

8. Thys1943 macrumors newbie

Thys1943

My issue is that I only download partial data from iCloud backup rather than all data. Can anybody explain it? Thanks.