Download error on completion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by murdercitydevil, Jul 20, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Please forgive me if this has been covered, but I might have a "unique" issue here, from what I can tell. I purchased and downloaded Lion this morning on my MBP - I left my computer while it was downloading and came back to see that there was an error on the MAS. Very unspecific, just said there was a problem downloading and to try again later. However, the download status had changed to an "install" button. I clicked it and after a bit, the Installer appeared in my dock and the process began. I didn't actually install it though, as I am not yet ready to upgrade my MBP, so I just exited out.

Later today, the error started bothering me, and I began to suspect that maybe there was some kind of corruption with the installer, so I tried to re-download. This time, I paid close attention to the download. As soon as the progress hit 3.49 GB (or 3.76, whichever the total size is), the same error occurred. It is odd that it happens exactly as the download finishes. Once again, I clicked the install button and the thing launched. My question - has anyone else experienced this, and does it actually mean that there was a problem with the download? Or is it simply the MAS screwing something up and incorrectly reporting a problem?

2. sanonimac macrumors newbie

same issue here

i also face the same problem. any resolution?..frustrated..hv already downloaded 4 times..

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

No idea..I'm not sure what I could really try doing differently. From the looks of it, the installer is functional. I understand that it does a checksum prior to any real installation, so if there were any problems, that would conceivably find them. On the other hand, there's really no way of knowing without going through with the install. It's not really a huge deal, I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

4. sanonimac macrumors newbie

any success?

am new to mac os itself..moved to mac only a month back. am not able to solve it myself. any help would be great. i searched in all apple community pages and found no such discussions.