download folder gone of the dock.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lkl, Dec 17, 2009.

1. lkl macrumors newbie

ok so i accidentally drag the download folder into the finder window and then it's gone! it's not in the finder under user. i tried searching for it in finder and it's not there!! it's not in the trash. so i try searching for the contents that were in my download folder, and it's there but the folder is still gone.

2. Philinghorn macrumors newbie

Hello,

I did this a few weeks ago !!
    I think I found the download folder by looking in finder under my account (Places - My Account), a few folders are listed & one of them (at least on my mac) is downloads, I think I just dragged that folder down to the dock.
    Hope this helps.

Happy Christmas:D

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yep, just find where the folder you want "lives" in your User Account, or wherever, and drag it to the Dock. Folders (which then become Stacks) go on the right, Applications go on the left. The Dock will not allow you to reverse that. Once a folder is on the Dock, you have two choices under Display as and four choices under View content as when you do a secondary click (right or control) on the icon. You can change them as often as you want. Pick what you like the best.