Download from another Country's App Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by an-other, Sep 5, 2012.

1. an-other macrumors regular

Does anyone have a workaround suggestion to download from another Country's store. For example, is there a way to download music from the GB app store for a US user.

I understand this is an intentional wall set-up by licensing, etc. My motivation is paying Amazon $30 for a CD or try to find a way to legally download it for $12.

2. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

You need to have an iTunes account for the country in question. In order to crate an account say in GB, you have to have a credit card issued by a bank in that country and a billing address in GB. If you can do that, no problem. Apple does not seem to be monitoring the IP yet, but that may change in the future.

3. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

The only way I know is to create a new account using an American iTunes gift card. That's how I managed to circumvent the need of an American credit card. And I bought the gift card code via eBay, just the code, without the actual plastic piece.

4. kannesss macrumors 6502a

5. Cutterschoice macrumors member

I read on here a few days ago, iTunes actually banned someone’s account for this, it's against the ToS. Not that I really care, but you might want to keep it in mind.