Download from iTunes Podcast very slow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tbwoo, Jun 8, 2007.

1. tbwoo macrumors newbie

HI,

I connect my macbook to internet thru a wireless router connected to DSL. My internet surfing speed is fine (~100kbps), but all the Podcast dwnload thru iTunes Store is very very slow (~2-3kbps). This happened since day one.

I try to connect my macbook thru 3G network thru my mobile carrier, then everything back to normal.

Anyone experience this before? :confused:

FYI, I juz switch to MAC & the router is connected to 2 Window PC & 1 MacBook.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Given what you've told us about your network setup, I suspect that the network setup is to blame. Is your network set up like this?

Code:
    DSL Modem
     |
    Router--------------------------------
     |                  |                |
    Windows PC #1      Windows PC #2    MacBook

That's the way it should be, if you have a multi-port router and everything else connected to it.

3. tbwoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi wrldwzrd89,

My connection is exactly like what you hv shown. I've checked thru everything but still can find out where went wrong.

It dont make sense to me why surfing internet is OK, but not ITS. Is they using the different port for receiving???

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My understanding is that the iTunes Store uses port 80 for its communications, so I doubt that's the problem. This doesn't make sense to me either...

The only thing I can think of is some funky setting on your router, or DNS entries on your MacBook.