download in network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by windels, Oct 30, 2009.

1. windels macrumors regular

windels

hi everyone!

I have a network problem, and I hope I posted this in the right section. couldn't find any specific one.

So my problem. I can log in to this network , on which I have 15 gb download limit each month. I had to sign up my airport's MAC address, aka the airport id.Here's the catch, I can't seem to download with transmission on this network. I tried randomizing ports , generating several different ones, but they are always blocked.

Any ideas how to get transmission or an other torrent app to work on that network? Seems a shame to me not to use the bandwidth.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Maybe the network's admin has blocked all Bit Torrent ports, so regardless what app you use, downloading or uploading will fail.

Other BT apps:
    uTorrent, BitsOnWheels, Vuze/Azureus, TomatoTorrent

3. windels thread starter macrumors regular

windels

is there a way to find and use a port that isn't blocked?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There are applications that scan for ports, but I don't know what they are called.
    Maybe have a try at MRoogle for looking for threads about scanning for open ports.
    But not every open port is used for BT, some are used for other internet services like chat and so on. You can have a look for BT ports via the search engine of your choice and MRoogle (my sig).

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler