Download iOS 7 final release over GM?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I understand that it's the same but for us that have the GM on our phones, will we get an OTA anyways? Or will our phones detect that it's already on there?

I will update to it, just because that's me. Don't know if anyone one else is curious about this also.

2. BlankStar macrumors regular

version is identical so no updates available. Which is kind of obvious, no?

3. Mr.Chow macrumors member

Mr.Chow

As long as it's the same built there won't be an update ota and there is really no need to install it again.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The release on Wednesday should be the same as what you have now. As such, your phone will say that your OS is update on that day. I see no point in installing the Wednesday release again. That will be a waste of time, in my opinion.

5. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I have installed iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4. It's running well on both (no issues on iPad 4 as mentioned by others). I don't plan on reloading it unless the build number changes.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It'll likely be the same, but I'll be restoring from iCloud backup to the final release just in case.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

GM is 7.0.0 If there is a new update it will be 7.0.1 or 7.0.2, etc which will update just fine if you are running 7.0.0..

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

You post so much at least in the last few days if not the last week and yet you somehow missed about a dozen threads already discussing all of this? :confused: