Download issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wanda, Sep 6, 2007.

1. wanda macrumors member

Well after waiting a week with no replys I'm going to post this question here in the basics file: For the past few weeks when I download anything from my yahoo mail acct the download manager only calls it "securedownload"...thats it. It used to download it as the file name it was originally called when it was sent to me. The file extention is gone too so some files won't even open...for example, i tried to download an Excel file from work and instead of opening Excel it just gave me the file as "securedownload" and it tried to open in text editor even though i know the file name ended with .xls.

Anyone have any suggestions (besides not using yahoo mail).

2. iElin macrumors newbie

Did you try to rename the file to the "right name", before you saved the file?

3. wanda thread starter macrumors member

I can't rename it until i download it, and when i do, it downloads as "securedownload". I'm attaching a screen shot of the download manager. the file on the bottom is an Excel file.

Attached Files:

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you tried another browser, like Firefox? I tried to use Safari, but i have version 3, which stupid Yahoo doesn't believe is capable of using Yahoo mail beta so couldn't login. With Firefox I'm using the Yahoo mail beta and my attachment download screen doesn't look like yours. So I guess you could try switching over to the Beta version.

5. TESEV macrumors member

TESEV

I'm having this problem too and have been emailing Y! about it. I'm just curious though; what version of Safari is everybody using? I'm using 3.03.

Also, anyone else who is having this problem should contact Yahoo! and get them to research the issue as well.