download ist.t at my home folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fc0712, Mar 17, 2011.

1. fc0712 macrumors regular

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, the title doesn't say anything at all. Why don't you try asking your question in plain English and we'll try to help you?

jW

3. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

under my home folder mine is frederik there is no folder called downloads but on my macbook there is hope you could help

4. simsaladimbamba

Where there is no Downloads folder, what Mac is that and what Mac OS X version does it run?
    Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version
    If it is Mac OS X 10.4 and earlier, then there is no standard DOWNLOADS folder.
    And if you have 10.5 or 10.6, then you could always create your own DOWNLOADS folder, or at least look into the Trash.

"How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience" created by mad jew in 2006

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Btw, your thread title might be confused with you wanting to download iStat to your Home directory or something similar.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Example: No "Downloads" folder in my Home directory/folder in Mac OS X 10.x, where the x stands for your Mac OS X version.

5. fc0712 thread starter macrumors regular

the problems is that i is as a stack in my dock and if i open the content i have downloaded i will a folder called download but is there a way to activate it in my homefolder

6. simsaladimbamba

What happens when you right click on the Dock icon of the Downloads folder and select Open "Downloads"?
    [​IMG]
    If it opens a Finder window of the actual Downloads folder, enable the Path Bar in Finder to see the location of that mysterious Downloads folder.
    [​IMG]

Can you find something via Spotlight (CMD+SPACEBAR or clicking the loupe icon in the top right)?
    [​IMG]
    Mac 101: Spotlight

And just out of curiosity, what Mac OS X version do you have on what Mac?
    Identify your Mac and Mac OS X version