[Download] Late 2008 MacBook (Pro) Loud Audio Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Quad5Ny, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Quad5Ny, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

These drivers from a OS X 10.5 DVD have not been modified in any way, yet they are THE ONLY drivers that have decent volume output in Windows. Every other version I have tried from both RealTek's website and Apple have had abysmal volume.

That said, they are very old (2007/2008) and might not be as stable. Also they don't fix the mid-range crossover, the left speaker still gets no bass.

2. risidoro macrumors newbie

Thank YOU!!!

Man,
    I've just registered on this forum only to say THANK YOU!!!

I've been trying any kind of different drivers/tweaks for my 13.3" Macbook Late 2008 Unibody (realtek sound card) running Win server 2012 with no success. Sound was coming out always too low.

The drivers you posted (the complete package with the exe, I was not able to make my stupid win to accept the apple ones manually) work great!
    Volume is very loud now.
    Quality is not perfect I should say (yeah, I noticed the low midrange, somehow mitigated by the Party equilizer profile, and the missing bass from left speaker), but now I can listen to some music without having to stick my face to the keyboard!

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

Bye,
    Isidoro

3. scottyboy101 macrumors newbie

scottyboy101

--- Post Merged, May 23, 2016 ---
    2 days of searching for audio drivers to get my 2008 MacBook Pro working with Windows 10 and these Realtek drivers have done the trick. Many thanks for the old post which has sorted me out years afterwards!

All the best.

Scott

4. Ruiegas macrumors newbie

Hi
    where can I fond these drivers?
    The ones in here are no longer available.
    Help PLEASE!
    Thank you
    --- Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017 ---
    Hi
    Where can I get these drivers?
    The ones in this post are no longer available.
    Help PLEASE!
    Thank you

5. Eddie8d macrumors newbie

Eddie8d

if your MBP is using realtek chip (early 2008), you can try this.
    It worked on my 2008 MBP +Win7
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xzkLG1OMFMMEZFNV9kZDhIdkU/view?usp=sharing