Download manager that supports, megaupload w/ prem acct.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Haqq, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Haqq macrumors member

As the title states, I'm looking for a download manager that supports both megaupload and also a premium account.

I tried jDownloader? Is it me or this app is glitchy as hell!

2. jsgrabo macrumors regular

Check out Speed Download. I use it for some services that require premium logins and after 6 months I have not had any problems. You can get a demo of it for something like 30 days but ultimately you have to pay for it and I think it is definitely worth it.

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Being cross-platform and Java, Jdownloader is ugly as hell, and the interface is clunky, but at least for me it's worked consistently and stably (though I'm not using any premium services, just the free stuff).

I am, however, using the cross-platform version; the interface is, from the look of it, intended to blend in with Windows Vista/7, but it works just fine on the Mac. I had started out with the Mac-specific release, which worked at first but then started crashing on me at some point. Since the non-Mac UI version ran fine, I never really bothered to figure out what was the problem. Have you tried the "general" version to see if it works better for you?

That said, Speed Download, if it works, is an awesome app--much more attractive and smooth-feeling. Never tried it on Megaupload, though, but sounds like it works.

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

jDownloader is glitchy as hell. I've been using it for 2 years and have gotten used to it. Its really a pretty good program to download files. I've also used a premium account with it (Rapidshare). All I had to do was enter my password, jDownloader recognized it and downloaded the files. And when the account expired, JD told me so.