download mavericks and system restore?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by stuartrozier, Aug 5, 2014.

1. stuartrozier macrumors regular

Hello,

Im wanting to install mavericks , full system restore.

I followed the instructions, erased disk, used disk utility, and downloaded os x from internet, (i think) ...

prob is, its downloaded the wrong OS ? .... its downloaded yosemite ? ....

now ... i am an apple developer, but should it have done this ? .... i wanted it to download mavericks, and install mav, not yosemite :/

is their a way to manually download mavericks, and install it ?

thankyou in advance,

stuart

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Mine showed both Mavericks and Yosemite to select, and of course chose Mavericks. Unknown why you did not have a choice.

However, you can go to the Apple store, and download, and install the most current Mavericks if you wish.

Have you made a boot disk of Mavericks using a USB thumb drive by chance ? Have you done a "Time Machine" back up of Mavericks as well. I use Time Machine, and USB boot drive.

3. stuartrozier thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for this,

I didn't do usb boot disk, but I did do a time machine backup, this is currently restoring at the moe, so fingers crossed it'll work. Ive erased the disk completely and doing a system restore of maverick's time machine backup.

I did try to download mav from app store, but it was saying 'error - you have the latest version of os' and wouldn't download.

hmm