Download Media from ANY Website

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pureelite1, Aug 26, 2012.

1. pureelite1 macrumors member

Recently i found that after upgrading to Safari 6 the activity window has gone and i read online that apple took this away. That was my primary source of downloading ANY media from online. I was wondering if anyone has a third-party app or a firefox plug in for mac's that will allow me the same functionality as the activity window did in safari. This is NOT just for youtube videos but ANY media i can access online

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For downloading videos from YouTube or other sites, if you're using Safari and have ClickToFlash installed, right-click on the video and select "Download Video".

You can also use ClipGrab or KeepVid or similar apps or sites such as file2hd.com (for downloading any file types from a site).

To download via Safari 5:
    While viewing the video just click "Window > Activity" then identify the video in the list of elements (it will likely show something like "258K of 1.8MB" and will be the largest file on the list.

[​IMG]

Hold the option key down and double-click the file to download.​

There have been mixed reports about the availability of this functionality in Safari 6, using the Develop menu.

3. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much i will try this and let you know if this worked :)

4. KrakenChaos macrumors newbie

Try jDownloader. It works with youtube. And it might work with other websites too. It has support tons of websites.

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

I have not tried it on YouTube, but the Inspector in Chrome has been very handy for downloading tricky MP3's etc. (An option if you get stuck in Safari.)

6. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

I tired the link you provided for click to flash but it doesn't work, any help? Is there a setting i have to do or anything? I right click on a video and no option shows up to download it in safar....

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The link works. Clear your cache and cookies and try again.

8. pureelite1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that seems to make it work for youtube videos but not other websites they are using flash as far as i can tell.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Can you post a link to a site, so I can test?