Download meter - new in app store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TraceyS/FL, Sep 11, 2009.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I just noticed this on appshopper. I went looking for something like this last week as I was/am pondering a mifi. Thos threads I found indicates this type of app was against the rules and wouldn't happen.

Sooooo, is it. 3.1 thing? I'm at the car dealership on the worlds slowest wifi and realized I didn't check that requirement. I'm still interested in this type of thing though.

I have to apoligize for not copying the link... Did I mention the slow wifi? Lol!

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

It might just poll your devices information and display it. As you can display your internet usages in the settings app. Since you only need iPhone OS 2.1 or later to run it, they aren't using anything special in 3.0, let alone 3.1.

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Hmmmmm, is that only on the iPhone you can check that on settings?

I'm not seeing it on my touch, whick could mean nutin! Lol!

I'd just like to have a feeling for my wifi useage and see if I can afford te mifi on the lower useage plan. It would be nice if apple had this on here already.

Thanks. And for the record, only macrumors is crawling here... But it's like a full minute to load a page. And the router is behind me. Hmph.

4. HedonicSoft macrumors newbie

Hello,

It requires 2.1 and above and works on ipod touch too.

Here is an itunes link for Download meter for iphone.

Here is an app page with video and textual introduction:
    Download Meter - Wifi and GPRS traffic meter on iphone

5. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for the extra info/links. I'll read up more later (now that i'm not on that insanely SLOOOOWWWWWW wifi).

6. PaIvA macrumors member

hi there!!

it seems that this great app has a big problem to some users, me included...
    it just happened that the program imediately after open, closes... it is automaticaly!!

i don't know why, but it seems that it happens in JB iphones and in Non-JB iphones...
    there are reports from people who payed this app in appstore and it didn't work anyway...

does anyone knows any solution for this situation?
    or knows any similar program that really works??

thanks in advance!

7. PaIvA macrumors member

now i can say it is my case too.. i bought this "great" app in Itunes store, and guess what??

it doesn't open, just like other times... but this time a got a legal app, i bought it, i payed for it.. it should work with no problems... but no...

so, what should i do??

how can i protest against this situation??

EDIT: it works now!! i unistall it from my iphone and i delete the app from itunes... redownloaded the app, installed again in iphone and ok... it works now...