Download Meter

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cludgie, Aug 28, 2007.

1. cludgie macrumors member

It’s that time of year, time to upgrade the old PC, this time I have decided to get a Mac. Anyway before I take the plunge I would like to find out if the apps I use of the Windows box are available on the Mac, or at least an equivalent.

This has went relatively smoothly, bar one perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I use a Windows App called DU Meter, this provides an account of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection. you can see daily, weekly, monthly, yearly reports in kb, mb, gb ect.....

Kinda handy as my isp throttles connection now, any ideas what can do this?

Regards.
    M

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It's built in to the mac. In the Activity Monitor you just click the Network tab and it shows you exactly how much data is coming in or going out. I don't think it has a weekly/monthly type reporting feature though. If you want that feature I have no doubt that there are freeware or shareware apps that'll do it.

3. DTG macrumors member

I've been using Surplus Meter and it does a good job of tracking what's going in and out of my computer over my airport connection. My uses are slightly more straightforward than yours but it is worth a look at.

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

5. cludgie thread starter macrumors member

Excellent, thanks for your help :)
    I will play about with Activity Monitor and Surplus Meter as soon as the Mac gets here.

Regards,
    M