Download P2P

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Prash, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Prash macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a good piece of download software, like how PC has things like Ares and Limewire.

2. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

the Mac has Limewire as well. However, I "borrow" all of my stuff from torrent sites now (mostly Torrent Damage) and I use transmission, which works very well.

3. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

I use limewire to get all of my music and some vids (shhhh!). It always seems to get the job done.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

5. skwij macrumors 6502

Azureus and Transmission here (with {site reference removed by moderator}).

6. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

7. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

azureus's new interface is really bad, I would really suggest no one use it.

Be careful out there, when you are on public trackers, anyone (including the RIAA, MPAA, and others) can see your IP address and find you! :eek:

Private trackers FTW! :D

8. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Cabos is good too. I use it all the time. I once installed Limewire onto my MacBook and it instantly froze. I got really scared and angry because I wanted to download music and then I found Cabos and it doesn't slow down your computer a bit and it uses the Limewire Networks, so you find any song that is available in Limewire but without the spyware, adware,etc etc

9. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Acquisition FTW, but get the older version, not Acquisition 2. Its so buggy.
    Acquisition is a very slick, easy to use, awesome program. Plus it has bittorrent on it, so you can use it to either download via P2P, or bittorrent

10. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I use Cabos also. The interface is less cluttered than Limewire and Frostwire.

11. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Transmission does play nice with some trackers and so download speeds are rather slower than the could be. I use BitRocket, which is a bit unstable but if you pause all transfers before quitting, it works fine.

+1 re: azureus. Version 3 interface is horrible and overhead is extreme. I hear that if you get v2 then upgrade to v3 it doesn't put that horrible Vuzu crud on, but I haven't tested it myself.