Download PhotoStream Images through Safari on iOS?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Minuteman3, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Minuteman3 macrumors member

Minuteman3

I took some pictures of my son's water polo team and uploaded them to a public, shared, Photostream. I sent the public iCloud link (settings for the PhotoStream are for "public" access) to other parents. The other parents can see the pictures and download them through Safari/IE on their desktops using this public link - no problem.

But, one of them tried to save an image from Safari onto their iPad (iOS 6.1.3) and it would not work. I tried on my iPhone & iPad (iOS7) with the same result ... no option to download or save to Camera Roll.

For those who want to use only their iPhones/iPad's, how do I allow them to download a picture from the shared PhotoStream?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't download from a webpage onto an iPhone or iPad. Instead, users of iDevices can subscribe to the photo stream, which causes the pics to appear in their own photo app. From there, they can add the photos to their own Camera Roll.