Download pictures from iPhone to MacBook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Mar 29, 2016.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Hey everyone

I have over 2000 pictures on my iPhone and even though I have a 128gb iPhone, I'm kinda OCD and it drives me crazy that I have duplicates and it's not organized at all.

What's the easiest way to download all my pictures to my MacBook and then organize them in folders. I don't wanna keep them on my phone, I just want to back them up to my hard drive. Thanks.

2. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

3. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

Use dropbox sync on both devices. Or Box or Google Drive or Onedrive... seriously, its not rocket science.

4. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

image capture on your mac. plug it in, select a folder and the pictures you want, press import. You can then delete all or some of the pictures on the phone. This is how I manage my pictures on my 16gb phone, monthly.

5. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I don't mind using photos, but Can I get all the pictures off my iPhone and create folders to organize all my pictures and then save them to my harddrive using Photos?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    the last sentence was completely helpful o_O. I was asking of a way to do this by just plugging in my iPhone to my Mac, without having to subscribe to a service like Dropbox.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 29, 2016 ---
    Thank you. Appreciate it.

6. Tcbmac macrumors newbie

I use an app called 'photo transfer app', allows you to move and do what you want, without be stuck in apples photo or cloud system. Kind of sad that it's not just a simple drag and drop feature.

7. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I know right? I wish I could just plug it in to my computer and drag my pictures on to my desktop and call it a day. I'm looking into that app right now. Thank you.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

Well, once everything is in Photos, you can click on 'Last Import', CMD-a to select them all, and drag them to a folder and have your way with them. Two steps, sure, but you don't have download any third party stuff to do it, either.

9. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Interesting. I had tried doing something like that before, but it wouldn't let me do it. I'll have to try again when I get home. Thanks.

10. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

You may have to go to 'View -> Show Sidebar' to get the sidebar to show up ... I can't remember if the default is to show or hide the side bar (that's where things like 'Last Import' show up), but I always make sure sidebars show on my apps (eg. iTunes, Photos, etc) and sometimes I forget that's actually not the default configuration. :)