Download & play avi vids

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by criscris, Sep 11, 2008.

1. criscris macrumors member

Ok. I've downloaded the plugin for safari which states it will download and play the many types of files like avi, mpg, zip's etc. Problem is my iPhone simply will NOT recognize any file other than a zip. And I also can't even find downloaded files unless it's through iphonebrowser. These are my 2 problems.

Can anyone explain how to save a movie file like an avi from off a webpage and also how to find them within iPhone? I see nowhere on my phone where I can access saved files.

Everytime I hit a link I get "safari cannot download this file". Help!!

2. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Simply isquint

When the fabled vlc mobile version comes out maybe then you will have a hope but don't hold your breath on playing many formats...

Try converting with visualhub (or isquint) in the meantime and importing onto your iphone via itunes in the usual way.

http://www.isquint.org/

3. criscris thread starter macrumors member

Thanks dude.
    I don't get why the plugin very openly states it's purpose is to allow you to download media, yet it keeps giving me that safari error. This is damn irritating.

4. iblastoff macrumors 6502

what are you talking about? nowhere does it say that the safari download plugin allows you to play all these types of files. the iphone will only play the usual supported files. it just merely saves them to a specific location. and learn to symlink to the download directory to gain access to them via the iphone.

also the plugin works fine for me.

5. FJR macrumors regular

lol, pr0n. Teh Jobso doesn't like it.