Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramen Cat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2021
I updated my Mac Pro with Big Sur. Unfortunately, I can't figure out a way to transfer podcasts from my Mac Pro to my iPod Touch.

Anyone have a luck figuring this out?

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Two options:

1: Natively. Plug in your iPod touch, and open a finder window. You should see the iPod touch on the left hand side under 'locations'. When you click it, you'll be greeted with the familiar sync screen from iTunes. You can sync podcasts like you always did by clicking the podcasts tab.

2: Get retroactive from github which will install an older version of iTunes natively under Big Sur. Works great! Then you can sync your podcasts using iTunes. Unless you have a reason to use an older version, I'd use iTunes 12 for compatibility and reliability.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
You can also log into your iCloud account on the iPod touch and set it to sync them that way through Settings, so your playback history and subscriptions are automatically synced.

Reactions: el-John-o

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
You can also log into your iCloud account on the iPod touch and set it to sync them that way through Settings, so your playback history and subscriptions are automatically synced.
+1. You also reminded me that you can enable Wi-Fi syncing with an iPod touch, through the finder method I mentioned above.

Reactions: Slix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.