Download podcast quicktime files from online?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wangchunggti337, Mar 24, 2008.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I have a class that posts the lectures online, in a quicktime format. It's quite inconvenient to listen to these while online in a browser and I was hoping to find a way to download them directly and open in quicktime itself. Is there a way to do this?

They aren't offered on iTunes.

Thanks for the help :D

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

It's not a podcast unless it's syndicated via RSS (which can be added to iTunes if you have the URL for the RSS feed). Just a point of issue with your words. ;)

In any case, you should be able to click the downward pointing arrow on the right side of QuickTime's controls and select "Save as Source..." Not sure if that option's only in QuickTime Pro or not.

3. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

Thanks for the clarification. I was actually wondering about that, but that's what the professors call it.

I tried the down arrow thing, but the 'Save as...' won't highlight. I have quicktime pro, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any other solutions?

4. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I figured it out for anyone that was also wondering this:

Using firefox you go to 'Tools' > 'Page Info'

Click on the 'Media Tab' and scroll down until you find the file you want, then just click 'Save As...'. I was able to save my audio files, works pretty well.

This may have been common knowledge, not sure.