Download: Retina iMac calibrated with i1 Display Pro

Discussion in 'iMac' started by WilliamG, Nov 3, 2014.

1. WilliamG macrumors G3

2. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

3. kucyk macrumors member

4. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

Interesting - I thought for laugh I'd try this on my 2012 iMac. FYI, it's a lot cooler than my calibrated profile. The backlights must presumably be quite different.

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

6. jayco1983 macrumors newbie

Green shift?

7. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

There is absolutely no point in using someone else's colour profile.

Stick with the factory set or buy a cheap colourimeter (or an expensive one if you're feeling rich). The i1 is particularly good value.

8. FredT2 macrumors 6502

Yes, what green shift?

----------

So where did this green shift thing come from? I certainly don't see one on mine. Just for grins I downloaded your profile. It adds a slight pink cast to my display. I'm happy with mine as is.

9. ra004e macrumors regular

Mine seemed to "lean" towards green as well, I calibrated it with a i1 Display Pro and now is more neutral. In my opinion a decent colorimeter ( i1 Display Pro, Spyder 3/4 ) is a must have, most worth the investment. Also using someone else's profile most likely will not have desired outcome, as both the panel and system are unique a combination that have to be calibrated as one to achieve proper result.

10. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

Yes, I agree that everyone has a different panel. However, it seems to be a theme that the Retina iMacs tend to have a slightly green "tinge" to everything. After calibration, switching between the original profile and an i1 Display Pro-calibrated profile - the difference is quite obvious.

After calibration, the color is a tad warmer, - perhaps to some, pinkish. A calibration on your own display is well worth it. I was NOT a fan of the original factory calibration.

11. wmy5 macrumors regular

Macs don't have hardware LUT so I don't understand why you calibrate it...It doesn't make sense...

12. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

Because the calibration out of the box isn't very good? And this gets us closer? :)

13. wmy5 macrumors regular

I think if you calibrate a display without hardware support, you will lose some color or gray scale...

14. WilliamG thread starter macrumors G3

We're just trying to get.. closer.